The City of Thousand Oaks Public Works Department prides itself on being a community leader in environmental stewardship, bringing environmental programs and events to the community year-round, and undertaking projects that help our City “GoGreen”.
The City of Thousand Oaks Environmental Programs GoGreen team encourages and assists residents and businesses to make environmentally preferable choices at home and work. Programs include recycling, proper hazardous waste disposal, energy efficiency and certifying businesses that are environmental leaders in the City.
The GoGreen Environmental Programs that illustrate our commitment to sustainability, engage the community, and promote environmentally beneficial behaviors and actions include:
- Household Hazardous Waste Disposal for City and Unincorporated Ventura County Residents
- Small Businesses Hazardous Waste Disposal
- Pharmaceutical and Sharps Collection Programs
- Green Business Certification
- Multi Family Recycling Programs
- School Recycling Programs
- Solid Waste and Recycling Franchise Oversight
- Residential Energy Programs and Ventura County Energy Alliance Partnership
- Eco Events such as Arbor Earth Day, Landfill & Recycling Day
- Community Enhancement Grant Program
Visit www.toaks.org/GoGreen for more information about our programs.